Carolyn K. Wong
Carolyn K. Wong represents and advises employers on labor and employment matters. She has handled employment discrimination and wrongful termination litigation, administrative agency and unfair labor practice charges, hearings, appeals, mediations, arbitrations, management training sessions, and drafting employment agreements, policies, and manuals. Examples of her work include:
- Employment Discrimination and Wrongful Termination: Litigated a wide variety of employment discrimination, wrongful termination, and sexual harassment cases, including jury trials in both state and federal courts.
- Administrative Agency Proceedings: Advises and defends employers regarding charges filed with the Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations, the Hawaii Civil Rights Commission, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and other administrative agencies.
- Mediations: Handles mediations of all types of employment claims.
- Appeals: Drafts appellate briefs to the Hawaii Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Management Training Sessions: Presents training sessions for managers on preventing harassment and discrimination, and on labor and employment laws.
- Business Transactions: Advises buyers and sellers on plant closing laws and employee issues arising in business transactions.
Ms. Wong was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. She is a frequent presenter on employment issues at seminars and briefings. Her clients include retailers, non-profits, health care providers, hotels, and tour companies.
- UCLA School of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Hawaii, B.A. (with High Honors), 1989
Admitted to Practice
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Central District Court of California
- State Courts of California
- State Courts of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii