H. Gregory Nasky
H. Gregory Nasky represents clients in domestic and cross-border transactions, including: negotiating and structuring corporate, commercial and real estate transactions; private and public financings; and regulatory compliance matters. He joined Goodsill as a partner in 2006. His background as outside general counsel to public companies includes those engaged in nationwide and international resort operations and development projects, as well as the production of nutraceutical products for national international distribution and sales. He has served as an executive and as a director of a New York Stock Exchange company and as a director of an Australian Stock Exchange company.
Examples of his work include:
- Corporate Finance and Securities Regulation: Representing publicly-traded corporations in connection with their initial registration or public offering of stock or bonds, subsequent public offerings, periodic reporting requirements, proxy solicitations, annual reports, exchange listings, business combinations and divestitures, disclosure obligations, investor relations, advice to boards of directors, independent directors and special function committees of boards, conduct of annual meetings, stock option plans, going private transactions and director, officer and controlling shareholder reporting obligations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Representing buyers and sellers of public and private corporations from local family businesses to multistate and multinational mergers and acquisitions between public companies with extensive operating subsidiaries, as well as corporate restructuring and asset acquisition transactions. Rendering opinion letters.
- Commercial Transactions: Negotiating and drafting agreements for the purchase and sale of businesses, dispute resolution agreements, management contracts, consulting agreements, agreements for the sale or lease of all or a fraction of private and commercial aircraft, and agreements for the lease, purchase and sale of celebrity-value automobiles.
- Real Estate Development and Financings: Leading negotiations with prospective joint venture partners, ground lessors, securitized loan servicers, lenders, investment bankers and regulators for projects in Sydney, Australia; Las Vegas, Nevada; Atlantic City, New Jersey; and New Orleans, Louisiana, as well as multiple other national and international planning stage projects. Representing sellers, buyers, owners, lenders and both ground and space lessors and lessees for major resorts, golf courses, shopping centers, office buildings and other commercial developments. Rendering opinion letter.
- Corporate Organization and Governance: Organizing entities to operate locally or as holding companies with multi-jurisdictional subsidiaries or to prospectively be positioned to "go public." Preparing and maintaining all required legal records. Advising boards of directors, management and their respective committees on defensive measures including modifying articles of incorporation, bylaws, shareholder agreements, LLC operating agreements, executive employment and compensation agreements and indemnification agreements, as well as proposed policies and guidelines pertaining to media relations, insider information, regulatory compliance and codes of conduct. Participating in annual business planning and strategic planning meetings. Creating separate subsidiaries of holding companies to hold real estate, to raise debt, to manage operating entities, to own all or a portion of an operating entity, and to hold intellectual property rights, as well as drafting appropriate cross-license agreements among them.
- Regulatory Applications and Compliance: Preparing submissions to regulatory bodies (particularly pertaining to privileged licenses), including presentations at public hearings and subsequent compliance reporting.
Throughout his career, Mr. Nasky has been a leader in professional, business, educational and community organizations. He is currently active as a Member-Mentor with Hawaii Business and Entrepreneur Acceleration Mentors (2006 to present). He also has presented seminars and been a speaker before diverse groups of attorneys, accountants, developers, planners, regulators, prospective investors, prospective lender participants, rating agencies, shareholders, graduate and undergraduate students, and the media.
Mr. Nasky was a corporate and securities law delegate to the People's Republic of China, to Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Poland, and to Russia and Estonia on People to People Citizen Ambassador Programs focused on transitioning those countries to free market systems. He is listed in Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in Finance and Industry, Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World. He served as a Captain in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, including a tour in Vietnam where he was awarded the Bronze Star.
- University of Notre Dame School of Law, J.D., 1967
- St. Bonaventure University, B.A., 1964
Admitted to Practice
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Courts of Hawaii
- State Courts of Nevada
- State Courts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court of Nevada