Jacqueline L. S. Earle
Jacqueline Earle has extensive experience with commercial and business disputes, product and professional liability, construction claims, and the representation of health care entities in government investigations and compliance matters. Examples of her work include:
- Dispute Resolution: Served as a private arbitrator in complex cases, and has extensive experience negotiating settlements, on behalf of clients and as a mediator. Co-mediated a variety of disputes at the Mediation Center of the Pacific.
- Business and Commercial Disputes: On behalf of the State of Hawai‘i, negotiated a settlement of claims against the designer of a telecommunications system for the University of Hawai‘i; obtained a dismissal on behalf of a Hawai‘i health system in a lawsuit involving a joint-venture billing program; successfully defended a different Hawai‘i health system in resolving derivative, breach of contract and construction lawsuits. Litigated and resolved a variety of disputes alleging breach of contract and specific performance of contracts such as, contracts for purchase of real estate, loan participation agreements, covenants not to compete, and licensing agreements.
- Products Liability: Obtained dismissals, favorable verdicts and settlements for manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs, nutritional supplements, blood products, aircraft, sports equipment, electrical equipment, and chemical products.
- Professional Liability: Obtained defense verdicts, dismissals or favorable settlements in more than 80 lawsuits alleging malpractice or errors and omissions claims against professionals (medical, legal, insurance and real estate agents, engineers, and design professionals).
- Health Care: Negotiated settlements on behalf of healthcare systems and providers involved in complex business disputes, qui tam matters, Medicare/Medicaid and other government investigations. Advised regarding compliance, governance, government oversight, and privacy.
- Construction: Negotiated settlements of multi-million dollar claims on behalf of owner/developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and electrical utilities in multiparty lawsuits.
Mrs. Earle now concentrates her efforts in the area of Dispute Resolution. Ms. Earle has completed training programs by Pepperdine University (Mediating the Litigated Case), American Health Lawyers Association (Advanced Mediation Skills), Mediation Center of the Pacific (various training programs), and the American Bar Association (Arbitration Institute). She has been recognized as one of Hawai‘i’s leading commercial litigators by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers in Hawai‘i and Hawai‘i SuperLawyers. She often has served as an instructor or panelist in continuing legal education programs.
- University of Hawaii School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Mount Holyoke College, A.B., 1965
Admitted to Practice
- United States Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Courts of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii
Memberships and Affiliations
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution and Senior Lawyers)