Joanne J. Lee
Joanne J. Lee concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions, tax aspects of corporate transactions, and general corporate and tax matters.
Joanne joined Goodsill in 2015. Prior to joining Goodsill, she practiced with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York City as an associate in their Tax department. Her practice focused on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic investments, securities offerings and bank financings, and general corporate tax matters.
From small and medium-sized privately held businesses to publicly traded multinational Fortune 500 companies, Joanne has represented clients across a wide range of industries, including consumer, hospitality, technology, media, financial services, pharmaceutical, and shipping.
Key corporate representations include:
- A Hawaii-based services company in an equity sale to a mainland financial buyer; and
- An Oahu-based food services company in a sale of its business to a mainland strategic buyer.
Key tax representations include:
- Multinational consumer goods company in its $3.7 billion acquisition of a domestic products manufacturer, $411.5 million acquisition of a global professional services and products company, several domestic and foreign asset dispositions from $267 to $700 million, securities offerings and bank financings.
- Food, beverage and confectionary conglomerate in a $3.7 billion cash disposition of assets;
- Technology company in several stock acquisitions of U.S. and foreign targets up to $1.7 billion;
- Security company in its spin-off of its home security business;
- Drug wholesale company in a strategic joint venture with domestic and overseas pharmacy chains; and
- Financial advisory and asset management firm in several securities offerings and various federal income tax matters.
While attending the University of Michigan Law School, Joanne served as a Contributing Editor of the Michigan Law Review and was a member of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association. Prior to law school, Joanne worked in San Francisco, Hong Kong and New York, managing e-commerce operations and project managing web development and interactive marketing engagements.
In her free time, Joanne enjoys backpacking, surfing, travel and the arts.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (magna cum laude), 2007
Yale College, B.A. (distinction in the major), 1999
- New York
Admitted to Practice
- State Courts of Hawaii
- State Courts of New York
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii