LindaLee K. (Cissy) Farm
LindaLee K. (Cissy) Farm concentrates her practice in the area of commercial litigation. She has handled commercial and business disputes, professional liability defense, personal injury and wrongful death claims, products liability, employment practices liability, Native Hawaiian Rights, land use, and appellate advocacy. Some examples of her work include:
- Commercial and Business Disputes: Mediated, arbitrated and litigated commercial matters ranging from minor disputes to multi-million dollar controversies, to fraudulent transfers to those involving Native Hawaiian Rights, lease rent and other land use issues. Represented lenders and creditors in foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Professional Liability: Represented professionals (medical, legal, brokers, accountants, directors and officers) in suits alleging an array of wrongdoings in their acts and/or omissions during the course of their profession.
- Products Liability: Defended and negotiated favorable settlements for manufacturers of a diverse array of products including heavy construction equipment and material, vehicles, chemicals, respiratory devices, aircraft, marine and electrical equipment.
- Employment Practices and Terminations: Represented individuals, partnerships, and corporations (including not for profit entities) before agencies and in court in defense of claims arising from employee termination, employee discipline, allegations of discrimination involving race, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, and allegations of whistleblower status and/or retaliation.
- Personal Injury: Successfully handled numerous types of personal injury actions including claims of wrongful death ranging from general negligence allegations, premises liability, construction defect, products defect, toxic tort to professional malpractice.
- Appellate Advocacy: Successfully handled appeals encompassing a variety of legal issues.
- Admiralty / Maritime: Successfully defended, negotiated, and litigated Jones Act, seaman, passenger, collision, hull and cargo claims.
Ms. Farm was a member of the Law Review while at the William S. Richardson School of Law.
- William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii, J.D., 1987
- Scripps College, B.A., 1975
Admitted to Practice
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Courts of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii