Michael L. Korniczky
Michael L. Korniczky concentrates his practice in the area of business and technology law including public and private company securities law, commercial business contracts, manufacturing law, international business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property transactions.
Michael has more than 25 years of business and legal experience gained, in part, as the chief legal officer for several internationally based, publically traded, and privately held manufacturing companies with annual sales ranging from $1.0 billion to over $9.0 billion.
Prior to joining Goodsill, Michael was:
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel for the Clondalkin Group, an international manufacturer of pharmaceutical packaging, and flexible packaging for food and beverage applications based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Before being acquired, Clondalkin was owned by Warburg Pincus private equity.
- Vice President and General Counsel for P.H. Glatfelter Company (NYSE: GLT), an international manufacturer of specialty paper, personal hygiene products, and composite fiber materials for food and beverage applications.
- Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel for Graham Packaging Company, a global manufacturer of custom blow-molded plastic containers for food and beverage applications. Before Graham Packaging was acquired by the Reynolds Group, Graham was owned by Blackstone private equity.
- Assistant General Counsel and Patent Counsel for Crown Holdings, Inc., a Fortune 500 global manufacturer of metal packaging for beverage, food and aerosol applications.
Key Mergers and Acquisitions:
Michael has led the legal efforts for the: $568 million acquisition of Liquid Container L.P.; €160 million acquisition of Dresden Papier GmbH, Dresden Germany; $25 million acquisition of China Roots, Guangzhou, China; €8.8 million acquisition of Techne Company, Bologna, Italy. Additionally Michael led the legal efforts for the $455 million sale of Clondalkin Group’s Specialty Packaging Division. Further, Michael had a key legal role in Graham Packaging’s initial public offering.
In recognition of being an exceptional business and legal leader, the Association of Corporate Counsel Delaware Valley voted Michael the Outstanding Chief Legal Officer of the Year in 2011.
In his free time, Michael enjoys golf, judo, jujitsu, running, and cooking.
John Marshall Law School, LL.M. Intellectual Property Law
Whittier Law School, J.D.
Polytechnic Institute of New York University, B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Admitted to Practice
- State Courts of Hawaii
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Memberships and Affiliations
Hawaii Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development and Innovation Committee, and Manufacturers Committee