Nicole Y. Altman
Nicole Y. Altman practices broadly in all aspects of civil litigation and immigration. She is experienced representing a diverse clientele from many industries on wide ranging substantive areas in courts and arbitral panels across the country.
Prior to joining Goodsill, Nicole litigated with the law firms of Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP in New York City, and at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP in San Francisco. Her practice included complex commercial litigation, white-collar defense, and internal investigations for corporations and individuals.
Nicole clerked for the Honorable Gerard E. Lynch on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, as well as for the Honorable Chester J. Straub on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Nicole is also a Lecturer-in-Law for the William S. Richardson School of Law where she teaches Lawyering Fundamentals to first year law students.
Born and raised on Oahu, Nicole enjoys being outdoors and active with her husband and two children.
Columbia Law School, J.D., 2007
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2003
- California (inactive)
Admitted to Practice
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Courts of California
- State Courts of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court of New York (E.D.N.Y)
- U.S. District Court of New York (S.D.N.Y)
Memberships and Affiliations
Federal Bar Association
Hawaii Women Lawyers