Peter T. Kashiwa
Peter T. Kashiwa concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate transactions, business and commercial transactions, corporate documentation and immigration issues confronting multinational companies investing and/or operating in the United States. Examples of his work include:
- Real Estate Transactions: Represents multinational and local companies in complex transactions involving the negotiation, documentation, acquisition, financing, development, construction, lease, assignment and/or sale of undeveloped land, hotel, resort, retail, office, commercial and residential properties.
- Business and Commercial Transactions: Represents multinational and local companies in major transactions involving the negotiation, documentation, acquisition, merger, licensing, lease, assignment and/or sale of capital stock or assets of businesses, and in a wide array of contracts involving consulting, service, employment, wholesale, retail, distribution and management.
- Corporate Documentation: Represents local companies and the local branch offices and subsidiaries of multinational companies in structuring and documenting the organization, formation, registration, operation, maintenance, dissolution and liquidation of their operations located in the State of Hawaii.
- Immigration Matters: Represents multinational companies in structuring and documenting their local branch offices or subsidiaries and their transactions to enable their executives, managers and key employees to enter the United States with the appropriate immigrant and/or nonimmigrant visas and to work and maintain their authorized status while in the United States.
Before attending law school, Mr. Kashiwa majored in accounting at the University of Washington. Since 1995, Mr. Kashiwa earned and maintained the consensus support and recognition of his colleagues across the United States as one of the Best Lawyers in America (top 2%) practicing immigration law in Hawaii. Mr. Kashiwa was the President of Hawaii Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association from 1993 to 1994.
- Williamette University, J.D., 1979
- University of Washington, B.A., 1976
Admitted to Practice
- State Courts of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court of Hawaii