Banking and Financial Services
Goodsill has the broad knowledge required to represent foreign and domestic banks and other financial institutions in all aspects of their business activities. We have advised and assisted our clients in the areas of traditional banking services and with their development of new product lines and businesses, such as insurance and electronic commerce.
We are prepared to meet every legal, business and regulatory issue encountered by the banking and financial services industry with attorneys experienced in the areas of:
- Loans and Other Credit Facilities – including project finance; aircraft and other equipment leasing; asset-based financing; real estate financing; letters of credit and guarantees; bond transactions
- Banking Regulatory Advice
- Trusts – including corporate trusteeships; personal trust administration
- Government Relations – including reviewing and analyzing proposed legislation and interpreting new legislation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business and Securities
- Real Estate
- Tax and Employee Benefits
- Loan Restructuring and Workouts
- Litigation – including foreclosure and collection, bankruptcy and creditor’s rights, officers’ and directors’ liability; lender liability
Our banking and financial clients also regularly call upon the attorneys in our Environmental, Labor and Employment, and International Groups practice areas for advice and counsel.
In addition to commercial banks, insurance companies and other institutional lenders, we represent corporate users of credit and other borrowers in their loan and financing transactions. As a result, we are familiar with the key issues and concerns from the respective viewpoints of lenders and borrowers and are able to suggest practical solutions to the satisfaction of the involved parties.