Procurement and Infrastructure
Goodsill offers full-service assistance to bidders, contractors, developers and operators of major infrastructure projects in Hawaii, including public-private partnerships and other government funded projects. Our attorneys have extensive experience in government relations and government contracting, land use, environmental law, business, real estate and financing to help clients through all phases of federal, state and county projects. We can assist clients with project planning, the bidding and RFP process, contract negotiation and documentation, contested and non contested proceedings before federal, state and county agencies, and condemnation proceedings and other disputes.
Examples of our infrastructure project work include:
- Public Transportation – Goodsill represents entities involved in the Honolulu rail project, represented the owner/operator of Hawaii’s first inter island passenger and vehicle ferry on regulatory, environmental, financing and operational matters, and previously represented a public parking facility developer using tax exempt bond financing.
- Energy – Goodsill has extensive experience representing clients involved in alternative and renewable energy. We have handled regulatory, environmental, financing, corporate and securities, tax and operational matters for clients ranging from Hawaii’s major electric company to startup companies.
- Waste Disposal and Recycling – Goodsill has assisted bidders, contractors, developers and operators involved in almost all of Hawaii’s major public waste disposal and recycling projects over the past 20 years, including Honolulu’s H POWER Project (recycling waste into electricity), wastewater reuse facility project and municipal solid waste shipping contract, the U.S. Army’s wastewater system privatization project, and various county solid waste removal projects. Our regulatory, environmental, tax and corporate attorneys have handled bid submittals, contract negotiation, tax rulings and planning, and regulatory compliance matters for these clients.
- Public and Government Facilities – Goodsill has represented clients doing business transactions with federal, state and local government agencies to develop, build, own and manage housing, education and other projects in Hawaii. These include the Public Private Venture (PPV) project to privatize all U.S. Navy family housing on the Island of Oahu, the first public private partnership between a private retail developer and the U.S. Navy to develop a relocation center for Navy families moving to Hawaii, and the new John A. Burns School of Medicine of the University of Hawai`i. Goodsill attorneys have handled real estate, construction contract, environmental, tax, regulatory and land use matters for these projects.
Our services include:
- Government Relations and Environmental – including regulatory filings and all phases of RFP, bidding and procurement process.
- Land Use and Land Use Litigation – including environmental and condemnation matters.
- Corporate, Securities and Tax – including entity formation, contract formation and tax planning, rulings, audits and appeals.
- Real Estate – including voluntary and involuntary acquisitions, public private partnerships, leasing and development work.
- Financing - including loans and other credit facilities, and tax-exempt bond transactions.
Please contact coordinating partners Russell Kato at (808) 547-5780, Audrey Ng at (808) 547-5681 or Michael O’Malley at (808) 547 5836.