Attorneys in Goodsill’s Professional Liability Group have successfully defended hundreds of professionals against claims alleging malpractice, errors and omissions. Examples include:
- Accountants – Defended accountants against claims that they negligently prepared and/or failed to timely file income tax and estate tax returns.
- Architects – Defended architects against claims alleging negligent design, negligent drafting and failure to properly manage and supervise construction projects.
- Attorneys – Defended attorneys and law firms against claims of malpractice, such as claims alleging failure to properly negotiate stock purchase agreements, negligently drafting real estate purchase agreements, leasing agreements, trust documents and property settlements, failing to disclose conflicts of interest, failing to timely prosecute personal injury claims, and improper business dealings with clients.
- Title Insurance – Defended title insurance companies against claims alleging failure to properly determine chain of title, boundary lines, easements and ocean setbacks.
- Insurance Agents – Defended insurance companies and independent agents against claims such as misrepresentation or omissions in the sale of insurance policies, failure to procure appropriate coverage, and negligence in the handling of claims.
- Medical Professionals – Defended doctors, nurses, physical therapists and medical claims managers in suits involving claims such as improper diagnosis, failure to follow orders, negligent care, failure to supervise, and failure to obtain informed consent.
- Real Estate Agents – Represented real estate brokers and agents not only in court but before regulatory agencies and professional boards against claims alleging failure to disclose and misrepresentation in the course of selling and purchasing real estate.
Being a professional in today’s litigious business environment includes the risk that you may eventually be sued. Practicing professionals ourselves, we understand that our clients’ most valuable asset is their reputation. The attorneys in our Professional Liability Group bring a wealth of experience and intelligence to bear on our clients’ legal problems and have a proven track record of achieving favorable and cost-efficient results.