Technology Transactions and Licensing
Our Technology Transactions and Licensing attorneys help our clients reach successful strategic business deals. We understand that, from the start-up stage on, it is critical to create, protect, leverage, and monetize a company’s intellectual property rights. This includes implementing appropriate policies and procedures at a corporate level, in addition to being aware of potential pitfalls associated with the acquisition or disposition of technology. We want our clients to succeed, and we understand the importance of balancing legal protection, efficiency, and the client’s desire to close each deal.
Our considerable experience includes crafting, reviewing/revising, and negotiating many types of agreements, including but not limited to:
- confidentiality and NDAs
- invention assignments
- joint development
- equipment leases and loans
- OEMs and VARs
- employee and founder invention assignments
- inbound, outbound and cross software (including open source), hardware, patent and trademark licenses
- content licenses (including music synchronization and Creative Commons)
- trademark guidelines and usage policies
- patent incentive programs
- consulting and independent contracting
- source code escrows
- marketing and advertising
- web linking
- talent (TV/movie/print release, agent and representation)
- joint ventures
We also have years of experience in the areas of intellectual property and contract due diligence, whether it is in conjunction with a merger or acquisition, financing, strategic transaction or audit.
The breadth of our Technology Transactions and Licensing practice spans across multiple industries and technologies, including software, cloud computing, software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), hosted services, search, hardware, semiconductors, equipment, EDA software, ecommerce, retail, data conversion, medical databases and records, medical devices and biotechnology, media, art, music and entertainment.