Matthew D. Ezer
Matthew is a member of Goodsill’s Business Litigation Practice Group and has more than 10 years of experience working in the state and federal courts. His practice focuses on business and commercial law, real estate and business litigation, environmental law, land use litigation, and appellate work.
Having completed clerkships in federal and state courts at both the trial court and appellate court level, Matthew offers rare insight into how courts handle and decide cases. Matthew clerked at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals for Judge Richard R. Clifton and at the United States District Court of Hawaiʻi for Judge Susan Oki Mollway. Matthew also clerked at the Hawaii Supreme Court for Justice Simeon R. Acoba. Prior to joining Goodsill, Matthew worked as a civil litigator with Cooley LLP in Palo Alto, California.
Outside The Office
Matthew enjoys bodysurfing, running, soccer, hiking, reading, and playing with his dog.
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, CA
- J.D. – 2012
- Honors: Gerald Gunther Prize for Outstanding Performance in Property, Constitutional Law II, Conflict of Laws, and Statutory Interpretation
- Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA
- B.A. – 2009
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: SCIAC Male Scholar Athlete of the Year, 2009
- Honors, All-SCIAC, Track and Field, 2005-2009
- Major: Psychology and Government
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California