Jocelyn’s helps clients in tax planning and controversy matters. She advises clients on business entity formations, business dealings, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
Jocelyn’s experience includes counseling clients on pre-immigration tax planning for foreign individuals, tax compliance, and resolving matters before tax authorities.
During and after law school, Jocelyn worked for private tax practices, non-profit organizations, and clerked at the U.S. Immigration Court, Executive Office for Immigration Review, in San Diego, California.
Jocelyn grew up all over the U.S., and has lived all over the world. Prior to joining Goodsill, Jocelyn was a Major in the U.S. Marine Corps with several unconventional assignments at the executive branch level.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Jocelyn enjoys giving back to the community through volunteering, and loves surfing, hiking, SCUBA diving, and golfing.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, 2020
LL.M. in Taxation.
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California, 2019
- Sam Houston State University, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2021
- Hawaii, 2020
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 2020
- U.S. Tax Court, 2021
Pro Bono Activities
- Sacred Hearts Academy Girls Got GRIT (Grace, Resilience, Initiative, & Tenacity)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1540
- University of San Diego Academic Scholarship, 2020
- M. Carr Ferguson Graduate Tax Research Fellowship, 2019
- Academic Excellence: Federal Income Tax, 2019; Advanced Legal Writing, 2017
- Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award, State Bar of California, 2018
- Organization and Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Contracts
- Hawaii Business Organizations, Contracts, and Transactions