Our firm serves domestic and international entities of all sizes with business transactions both in Hawai‘i and elsewhere.
Using our resources, relationships, and experience, we provide a full-range of legal services to large, small, and family-owned business clients alike. Our practice group is diverse and includes the following areas of expertise:
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Negotiating, structuring, and consummation of stock and asset acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, reorganizations and dissolutions, tender offers, leveraged buy-outs, and “going private” transactions.
- Corporate Governance – Advising officers, directors, committees, shareholders, and debt holders on matters of corporate governance. These include director and officer obligations and fiduciary duties, conflicts of interest, shareholder rights, voting and proxy matters, insider trading, codes of conduct, conduct of shareholder meetings, and shareholder agreements.
- Formation – Counseling regarding choice of entity and preparation of documents for the formation and organization of corporations, LLCs and LLPs, general and limited partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Qualification To Do Business – Advising regarding compliance with (or exemption from) requirements for qualification to do business in Hawai‘i, including procurement of permits and licenses.
- Business Operations – Structuring business arrangements, negotiating and preparing contracts. Advising on tax, antitrust and consumer protection implications of business decisions, compliance with trade regulations, environmental laws and requirements, and employment matters and contracts.
- Securities – Representing issuers of stocks, bonds, notes, and tax-exempt securities, in registration of public offerings and private placements. Also, offering advice concerning compliance with periodic reporting, beneficial ownership, and other disclosure requirements.
- Debtor/Creditor Relations – Representation of secured and unsecured creditors in liquidation, reorganization, and insolvency proceedings and in non-judicial work-outs.
- Emerging Growth Companies – Advising and preparing documents for entrepreneurs from start-up through financing and exit strategy
- Regulatory Compliance – Advising on compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, including regulations related to taxes, labor and employment, environmental matters, international trade and immigration, and unclaimed property compliance.
- Litigation and Arbitration – Litigation, administrative proceedings, and arbitrations involving several forms of businesses and all types of commercial and securities disputes.