Gail represents many of Hawaii's major private and public hospitals and medical centers, physicians and other health care providers in medical malpractice cases before the Medical Inquiry Conciliation Panel (MICP) and in state and federal courts.
She practices primarily in civil litigation, medical liability, complex litigation, product liability, and toxic tort litigation.
Gail has represented a domestic building products manufacturer in a multimillion-dollar property damage litigation brought by the State of Hawai‘i and an international architectural firm in a lawsuit for damage sustained to a resort hotel by Hurricane Iniki.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
As an active member in the legal community, Gail has served as Hawai‘i Women's Legal Foundation's president and is currently a director of the organization. She is also part of the clinical teaching faculty at the William S. Richardson School of Law.
In the Fall, "Gridiron Gail" emerges and cheers on her longtime favorites - University of Hawai‘i Rainbow Warriors and New England Patriots - through rain, sleet, snow, and vog, she is a loyal fan.
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- J.D. - 1981
- University of Hawaii, Manoa
- B.A. - 1978
- Honors: With Distinction
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Hawaii, 1981
- Defense Research Institute
- Hawai‘i Defense Lawyers
- Hawai‘i Justice Foundation
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- Hawai‘i Women Lawyers
- Hawai‘i Women’s Legal Foundation
- Health Law
- Litigation and Disputes
- Drug and Medical Device Litigation
- Insurance Litigation and Coverage
- Medical Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers