If you’re looking for help understanding the intricacies of international business, look no further than Alan.
Alan handles “whatever the Japanese get involved in”. He has experience in assisting Japanese companies and individual investors and other Asia-based and foreign clients in real estate and commercial transactions (e.g., commercial real estate, golf courses, hotels, business sales and acquisitions), mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, corporate and other business matters. He also handles administrative matters such as licensing applications for insurance companies, including captive insurers, liquor license and franchise registrations. In addition, Alan has often been sought for his assistance with business visa applications for foreign clients.
After graduating from law school, Alan served as law clerk to the late Honorable Yoshimi Hayashi of the Hawai‘i Supreme Court.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Born and raised in Japan, Alan reads, writes and speaks fluent Japanese. He is also knowledgeable in Japanese cultural and business practices. Alan is a sports enthusiast and has attended a Super Bowl, a Sugar Bowl, an NBA Finals game, the U.S. Open Golf Tournament and countless Major League Baseball games among other sporting events. He loves to travel and has visited 30 countries on 6 different continents to date. In his spare time Alan enjoys going to movies and listening to J-Pop and K-Pop music.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 1984
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- B.A. - 1975
- Hawaii, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 1984
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Section on International Law
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association, Secretary General, 2011-2013
- International Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Transactions
- Captive Insurance
- Hawaii Business Organizations, Contracts, and Transactions
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Hawaii Supreme Court, Hon. Yoshimi Hayashi, Law Clerk, 1984 to 1985
- Hawaii Visitors Bureau, Deputy Director of Research