David is a partner in Goodsill’s Litigation Practice Group. David is able to talk with clients about complex strategies and technological issues related to cybersecurity, business, aviation, environmental concerns, and internal controls in simple terms they can understand.
He has litigation experience in areas of aviation, environmental law, corporate defense, professional liability, premises liability, dram shop liability, and intellectual property.
A graduate of Dartmouth College and University of California Davis School of Law, David began his career as an associate working in Washington, D.C. and Paris, France as a member of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP’s securities litigation and anti-corruption and internal investigations practice groups. David has been with Goodsill since he moved to Hawai’i with his family in 2013.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
David and his wife are bona fide foodies, so they’re always up for trying a new restaurant or revisiting an old favorite.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. – 2010
- Honors: Senior Articles Editor, Law Review; Neumiller Competition Chair, Moot Court Board
- Dartmouth College
- A.B. – 2004
- Honors: Fire & Skoal Senior Honor Society
- Honors: Green Key Junior Honor Society
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Hawaii, 2013
- Massachusetts, 2011
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2011
- New York, 2011
- Environmental Laws and Compliance
- Aviation Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2019
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, Associate