Peter is the former managing partner of the firm. He focuses his practice in the areas of real estate transactions, business and commercial transactions, corporate documentation and immigration issues.
Peter makes good things happen for his clients. He has represented a major Hawai‘i hotel owner in a spin-off of one of its full-service hotels; acted as co-counsel in representing a seller in closing the sale of a full-service hotel in Sydney, Australia; and acted as co-counsel in representing a borrower in closing $1.8 billion worth of CMBS (commercial mortgage-backed securities) and conventional mortgage loans, secured by full-service hotels in Hawai‘i and California.
We know Peter is one of the top lawyers in Hawai‘i. But don’t take our word for it: since 1995, Peter has been recognized by colleagues for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for practicing immigration law in Hawai‘i.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
For over three decades, Peter has been a dedicated leader in his community. He’s a member and former president of the Hawai‘i Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, director of the board of Honpa Hongwanji Hawai‘i Betsuin, and vice president and director of the board for the Honolulu Police Community Foundation.
Don’t forget to ask Peter about his golf game-he’s a member of the Oahu Country Club.
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- J.D. - 1979
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. - 1976
- Major: Accounting
- University of Hawaii, Hilo, Hawaii
- Hawaii, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 1979
- Hawaii State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, Sections on International Law, Corporation, Banking and Business Law
- American Bar Association, Member, Sections on Immigration, Corporation and Real Property Law
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, Hawaii Chapter
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, President, Hawaii Chapter
- Organization and Governance
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Business Transactions
- Commercial Contracts
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Leases
- Lease Rent Negotiation and Arbitration
- Hawaii Business Organizations, Contracts, and Transactions
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America, Top 2%
- Director of the Board of Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin
- Vice President and Director of the Board for the Honolulu Police Community Foundation