Connect on LinkedIn
Judy Yuriko Lee concentrates her practice in estate planning, probate, guardianship and trust administration. She has represented clients in establishing wills and trusts, implementing sophisticated estate planning techniques, administering and terminating trust estates and resolving controversies concerning estate administration issues. She has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, and has been recognized with a listing in The Best Lawyers in America since the 2006 edition. Judy is recognized in Chambers & Partners Private Wealth Law-Hawaii as a Band 1 ranked attorney. Judy has been elected to the prestigious American College of Trust and Estate Counsel ("ACTEC") and is currently serving as the Hawaii State Chair of ACTEC.
Examples of her work include:
- Trust Administration: Represented individual and corporate trustees in administering and terminating trust estates.
- Estate Litigation: Represented beneficiaries in will contest proceeding and negotiated settlement and resolution of issues in contested trust matters.
- Estate Planning: Prepared numerous wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, gifting and transfer instruments.
- Probate: Represented individual and corporate personal representatives of both local decedents and non-resident alien decedents.
- Conservatorship/Guardianship: Represented clients to establish and administer conservatorships and guardianships of minors and incapacitated adults.
- Partnership and Corporate Planning: Established partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations and prepared documents on the administration of such entities.
Judy is an active participant of the estate planning community. She is the past Chair of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Hawaii State Bar and is a frequent speaker for the continuing legal education programs and other professional and community associations. Judy has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Hawai‘i School of Law, teaching trusts and estates, and federal income tax, and has published several articles on trusts and estates topics. Born and raised in Hawai‘i, she enjoys family and church activities during her leisure time.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Frequent speaker at the Hawai‘i Tax Institute and other continuing legal education programs, as well as adjunct professor at University of Hawai‘i William S. Richardson School of Law, Judy still manages to find time to participate in church activities and travel with family.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Law Faculty Scholarship
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California
- M.B.A. - 1989
- Honors: M.B.A. Scholarship
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii
- B.B.A. - 1986
- Honors: With Honors
- Study Abroad: Japan, Santa Clara Bar Association, In Brief, Fall, 1988
- Will Substitutes, Encyclopedia of Financial and Estate Planning, Hawaii Institute for Continuing Education, 1990
- Hawaii, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 1989
- American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel, State Chair
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Past Chair, Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Hawaii Estate Planning Council, Past Director
- Hawaii Baptist Foundation, Chair
- USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc., Director
- Hawaii State Bar, Member
- Hawaii State Bar, Treasurer, Section of Probate and Estate Planning
- Hawaii Society of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Hawaii Representative, Section of Real Property and Probate and Trust, 1995 to 1995
- American Bar Association, Hawaii Representative, Committee on Significant Trusts and Probate Legislation and Case, 1995 to 1995
- Hawaii Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Program Chair, 1995 Annual Financial and Estate Planning Seminar
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Litigation and Disputes
- Trusts, Estates and Family Business
- Trust and Estate Litigation and Controversy
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year”, 2015
- Chambers, High Net Worth, 2019
- Super Lawyers, 2019
- American Jurisprudence Award
Classes & Seminars
- Financial and Estate Planning, Hawaii Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 00/00/1993 to 00/00/1994
- Hawaii Probate: Beyond the Basics, National Business Institute, 00/00/1994
- University of Hawaii School of Law, Adjunct Professor