John represents and advises employers in various areas of employment law.
He defends employers in court and in agency proceedings and investigations involving allegations of harassment, discrimination, failure to accommodate disabilities, wage and hour violations, unfair labor practices and breach of contract restricting post-employment competition or misappropriation of trade secrets.
Hawai‘i employers trust John’s advice on issues relating to terminating employees, providing leaves of absence, properly classifying employees and conducting internal investigations.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
John’s expertise in employment law is in high demand. He frequently speaks on employment law issues at seminars and provides workplace training on harassment and other issues.
One paddle, two paddle… John knows his way around a canoe!
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. - 1992
- University of Hawaii, Hawaii
- B.A. - 1989
- Major: Economics
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Hawaii, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Labor and Employment
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Hon. John C. Holstein of the Missouri Supreme Court, Law Clerk