Connect on LinkedIn
Shimpei Oki concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, corporate and immigration law with a focus on assisting Japan companies and individual Japanese investors. Mr. Oki was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan and speaks, reads and writes Japanese fluently.
Mr. Oki has assisted clients in the following areas:
- Real estate transactions involving purchase and sale of hotels, commercial buildings, golf courses, resort properties and residential properties.
- Corporate transactions involving contract review, entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, all aspect of corporate compliance, dissolution and liquor license applications.
- Business immigration involving preparation of nonimmigrant (E-2 and L-1A) and immigrant visa petitions.
Mr. Oki received his B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis with honors, and his J.D. from William S. Richardson School of Law, cum laude. While in law school, Mr. Oki was a member of the Board of Editors of the University of Hawai`i Law Review and also served as research assistant to Professor Jill Ramsfield. Mr. Oki was awarded the HSBA YLD Award for Best Second Year Seminar Paper and CALI Excellence for Future Awards in Japanese Business Law and Second Year Seminar. He was also the recipient of the Bruce C. Bigalow Memorial Scholarship.
Prior to joining Goodsill, Mr. Oki's practice in Hawai‘i focused on commercial and real estate litigation.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Shimpei is a member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He also serves as the Vice President of the Board of Directors of The Hawai‘i Japanese School (dba Rainbow Gakuen).
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: HSBA YLD Award, Best Second Year Seminar Paper
- Honors: CALI Excellence for Future Awards in Japanese Business Law and Second Year Seminar
- Honors: Bruce C. Bigalow Memorial Scholarship
- Washington University, St. Louis
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: with Honors
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Japan-America Society of Hawai‘i
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- Business Law and Securities
- Real Estate Development
- Captive Insurance
- Hawai‘i Japanese School dba Rainbow Gakuen, Board Of Directors, Advisor, 2016 to 2020
- Hawai‘i Japanese School dba Rainbow Gakuen, Board President, 2018
- Hawai‘i Japanese School dba Rainbow Gakuen, Board of Directors, Vice President
- Professor Jill Ramsfield, Research Assistant