Joelle concentrates her practice in the areas related to estate planning, probate and trust administration, including will and trust disputes.
A graduate of William S. Richardson School of Law, Joelle served as Executive Publications Editor of the Asian-Pacific Law & Policy Journal and Vice President of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society. She has clerked for the Honorable Derrick H. M. Chan during his term as Chief Judge of the First Circuit Court, and advised the court on probate, conservatorship and guardianship, and trust matters; and also clerked for Judge Chan during his subsequent term as Associate Judge of the Intermediate Court of Appeals. Active in the healthcare community, Joelle has done pro bono work with the Medical-Legal Partnership, as well as published several articles on preventive healthcare and medicine.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
When Joelle isn't practicing law, you might see her around the other kind of court - the one with rackets and tennis balls; or enjoying down time with her furry, four-footed family member (pet dog) and her feathered, web-footed family member (pet duck).
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- J.D. - 2015
- University of Washington
- B.S. - 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- Hawai‘i Estate Planning Council
- Hawai‘i Estate Planning Council Probate and Estate Planning Section Elder Law Section
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
- Trusts, Estates and Family Business
- Trust and Estate Litigation and Controversy
- Honorable Derrick H. M. Chan, Clerk