Serving Nonprofit And Tax-Exempt Organizations In Hawai’i
Our business law practice group at is dedicated to helping our business clients, including nonprofit organizations, with a full range of legal services. We provide guidance, support and legal services to Hawai’i’s nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations. From the formation of an organization and securing tax-exempt status to navigating conflicts, our lawyers are uniquely qualified to support your organization.
Unique Issues For Nonprofits
Nonprofit organizations have unique legal needs. We help our nonprofit organization clients with the following:
• Evaluating the organizational goals and anticipated business activities to identify the most appropriate nonprofit structure
• Establishing and creating the appropriate business structure with respect to the organization’s qualifications for tax-exempt status under 501(c)(3) or any of the other tax
exempt statuses of the Internal Revenue Code
• Providing assistance with any compliance requirements, including any filings needed to maintain your organization’s nonprofit status
• Providing advice, assistance and support with respect to various business relationships to ensure equitable business partnerships and collaborations
• Negotiating and securing any legal contracts necessary for the organization’s business relationships and collaborations.
As a business, nonprofit organizations are also interacting with for-profit businesses on a regular basis. In any business landscape, conflicts can arise. While we focus our legal services and advice on providing high-quality legal support in the early phases of a business entity in order to preempt conflict, there might be times when a nonprofit organization will need to protect its rights. We are also fully prepared to effectively and efficiently help our clients navigate conflict through dispute resolution, even if that requires litigating the matter in court.
Schedule A Consultation With A Nonprofit Lawyer Today
We are committed to providing high-quality legal services for all of our clients. Our lawyers are available by appointment for an initial consultation to discuss your legal matter and nonprofit organizational goals. To schedule an appointment, you can call our office at 808-201-6590 or send us an inquiry through our contact form.