Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel Achieves Numerous Top Rankings in 2009 Chambers USA Guide to Leading Lawyers
Jun 22, 2009
Honolulu, Hawaii – Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel LLP today announced that it has earned a total of five firm rankings and 17 individual rankings in the 2009 “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business,” issued by Chambers and Partners, the publisher of worldwide guides to the legal profession. Chambers identifies the country’s best lawyers and law firms through extensive research and interviews with lawyers and their clients.
For the sixth consecutive year Goodsill was ranked as Hawaii’s top firm (ranked 1) in several categories:
- Corporate/Commercial. Goodsill was ranked number one in this practice area, led by David J. Reber.
- Litigation: General Commercial. With John R. Lacy leading this practice group, Goodsill was again rated number one.
- Real Estate. Providing a full range of legal services and creative solutions for its clients, the Real Estate group was recognized as Hawaii’s best.
Additionally, Goodsill was ranked second for its work in the Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Labor & Employment categories.
Seventeen of Goodsill’s attorneys were included in the individual rankings in seven practice areas:
- David J. Reber was ranked first in the Corporate/Commercial practice area.
- Barbara A. Petrus earned the top ranking in the practice area of Labor & Employment and Carolyn K. Gugelyk was ranked second.
- In the category of Litigation: General Commercial, Corlis J. Chang and John R. Lacy earned top honors, with Bruce L. Lamon and Jacqueline L.S. Earle ranked second, and Edmund K. Saffery placing third.
- In the practice area of Real Estate, Lani L. Ewart, Leighton J.H.S. Yuen and Randall K. Steverson each received the highest marks and a number one ranking, with Gail O. Ayabe earning a number two rating.
- Lisa Woods Munger was rated first in Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use division, while Gary M. Slovin and Lisa A. Bail were ranked second.
- In the area of Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Walter C. Davison was ranked second.
- Miki Okumura was ranked second in the Corporate/Commercial: Tax category.
“We are proud that Chambers has once again recognized our firm and our individual attorneys as some of Hawaii’s leading lawyers,” said Gary Slovin, Goodsill’s managing partner. “Our entire team continues to serve our clients with the highest levels of quality service, counsel and integrity.”