Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, LLP receives high marks in 2006 Chambers’ Rankings
Aug 4, 2006
Honolulu, Hawai’i – It was announced today that Honolulu’s largest and oldest law firm, Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, LLP has again earned distinction as one of the state’s top law firms in the “2006 Chambers USA Client’s Guide.”
This year’s recognition marks the fourth consecutive year that Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, LLP has earned distinction from Chambers and Partners. Goodsill was ranked among the top Hawai’i firms in six practice areas, while fourteen attorneys were recognized for their individual efforts.
The firm once again distinguished itself in several categories, including:
• Corporate/Commercial. Goodsill’s performance in the Corporate/Commercial practice area was ranked first in Hawai’i, thanks to the presence and tremendous work of Miki Okumura.
• Land Use. With attorneys Lisa Bail heading this area, Goodsill again received the highest honors in the Land Use and Environmental areas.
• Litigation. General Commercial. Goodsill was also rated as the top performer in this area as well, with Corlis Chang, Jacqueline Earle, Bruce Lamon, and John Lacy receiving individual honors in the area.
• Real Estate. Goodsill pulled top honors in this area behind the recognized efforts of Lani Ewart, Randall Steverson, Raymond Iwamoto, and Leighton Yuen.
• Employment: Mainly Defendant. Goodsill was also recognized for their exemplary work in this practice area, with Carolyn Gugelyk earning individual notice.
“On a continual basis we strive to do our best in representing our clients by providing quality counsel and service,” said Gary Slovin, Managing Partner of Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, LLP. “But anytime the industriousness and talents of our attorneys receives notice, we are very pleased and very proud.”
Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel LLP traces its roots to 1878 and has grown from a one-man operation to a firm of more than 70 full-time attorneys. Keeping pace with client needs, Goodsill attorneys have a depth of knowledge and expertise in all of the traditional areas of civil law such as corporate law and securities, banking, real estate, tax, trusts and estates, international matters, public utilities and all types of civil litigation, and in specialized areas such as: health care, labor and employment, aviation, maritime, media, entertainment, environmental, administrative law, and technology.