As Hawaii continues to expand into a technology-based economy, Goodsill has expanded its intellectual property capability as a core practice area. With experienced counsel we can assist our clients in all aspects of intellectual property protection and technology related transactions.
Examples of our services include:
- Trademarks and Advertising – counsel regarding trademark rights; counsel on claims of unfair competition, and false advertising.
- Copyrights – represent clients in federal court regarding copyright infringement; and assist clients with royalty generation arising from contract negotiations and performance rights societies.
- Trade Secrets and Confidential Information – prepare and negotiate non-disclosure agreements, employee confidentiality and proprietary rights agreements, and company trade secret policies; advise on proper confidentiality marking and legends; and, counsel on mitigation of trade secret misappropriation by new employees from competitors.
- Domain Names, Internet and E-Commerce – advise on an array of online publishing and digital distribution issues and related intellectual property rights.
- Licensing – prepare and negotiate all forms of intellectual property licensing agreements; advise on intellectual property licensing policies and programs; assist in intellectual property acquisitions or sales; and, advise on antitrust issues regarding the use of intellectual property rights.
- Transactions with Intellectual Property Components – advise on intellectual property issues with regard to mergers, acquisitions, outsourcing, consulting, and joint development; conduct intellectual property audits and due diligence associated with the acquisition or license of technology and with pre-IPO investments.
- Entertainment and Media – prepare and negotiate film, television and music contracts; represent clients with regard to piracy and unauthorized use issues; and, counsel on claims of violating celebrity, privacy and publicity rights.
As part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide the right mix of skills and intelligence to meet our clients’ needs with respect to their corporate, labor, licensing, contracting and other business needs, such as legal entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, employment law and government regulation.