Jennifer assists clients with resort, commercial, and residential developments, sales and acquisitions of real property, and commercial leasing. She also has experience advising clients on real estate financing, real property tax, and general business matters.
Her experience includes:
- Negotiating and drafting transaction documents and advising clients through all aspects of transactions for the acquisition and sale of Hawai‘i real property, including commercial, industrial, resort, golf course, residential, affordable housing, conservation, and agricultural real estate.
- Representing landlords and tenants in connection with ground leases and the leasing of retail shopping center, industrial, office, hotel, golf course, and hospital space.
- Preparing and filing subdivision and land sales registrations for residential, affordable housing, commercial, and industrial subdivisions in Hawai’i County, Maui County, and the City and County of Honolulu with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Hawai‘i Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
- Preparing development and sale documents for resort, residential, industrial, and commercial developments.
- Preparing condominium and sales documentation and registration of condominium projects with the Hawai‘i Real Estate Commission.
- Representing borrowers and financial institutions in connection with commercial loans secured by commercial real estate.
Jennifer attended the University of California, Irvine School of Law, where she completed an externship with the Honorable Richard Clifton of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. She also served as a senior editor for the UC Irvine Law Review. Upon graduation from law school, Jennifer worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Gonzalo P. Curiel of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
Before entering the legal field, Jennifer worked at the Center for Community Solutions in San Diego, California, a nonprofit agency that provides domestic violence and sexual assault prevention and intervention services.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Jennifer serves as one of the firm’s pro bono coordinators and was recognized by the Hawai‘i Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission with the Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award in 2016 for her policy work with the Hawai‘i Appleseed Center on Law and Economic Justice. She also serves on the board of Volunteer Legal Services Hawai‘i.
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, Irvine, California
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Scripps College
- B.A. - 2007
- Honors: With Honors
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii, Board Member
- Hawai‘i Access to Justice Commission, Pro Bono Committee, Vice-Chair
- University of California, Irvine School of Law Alumni Association Governing Board
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association Delivery of Legal Services to the Public Committee
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association Real Property and Financial Services Section
- Institutional Financing
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Leases
- Condominium Documentation and Registration
- Lease Rent Negotiation and Arbitration
- “40 Under 40”, Pacific Business News, Class of 2022
- Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch 2021, 2022
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2021
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association Leadership Institute Fellow 2017
- Hawaii Access to Justice Commission Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award 2016