Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel A Limited Liability Law Partnership LLP has a long and successful track record in assisting clients in the health care sector. We regularly assist clients that include hospital systems, skilled nursing facilities (SNF), the Hawai‘i medical residency program, physician practice groups and other providers. We also provide federal and state legal support to insurers, third-party administrators, associations, professional employer organizations, brokers and employers regarding their welfare benefit plans.
Goodsill’s clients include an impressive list of national and international insurers as well as local agents and brokers. Our attorneys who practice in the insurance area often serve as panelists for insurance seminars and contribute to publications in the field.
We work in areas including the following:
- Corporate strategies, structuring and antitrust: Advising on and documenting all aspects of selling, purchasing, establishing, maintaining and restructuring corporate and other business structures
- Finance: Advising, evaluating and structuring transactions, including commercial and tax-exempt bond financing, loans, real estate and equipment leasing, and asset-based financing
- Regulatory audits and investigations: Supporting and representing clients in audits and defending against government investigations
- Government relations: Monitoring and evaluating potential impacts of proposed legislation and representing clients in federal and state governmental agency and regulatory matters
- Labor and employment: Representing management clients in all aspects of labor and employment law
- Litigation: Handling civil litigation and arbitration of disputes involving issues such as medical liability claims, administrative and agency proceedings, third-party reimbursements, collections, business contracts and joint ventures
- Tax: Providing tax advice to both for-profit and nonprofit organizations, establishing strategies and structuring alternatives for compliance with applicable tax laws, and representing health care clients in tax controversies
- Business organization: Providing advice and entity selection, formation and organization and related corporate governance issues