Comprehensive Construction Law Services
Goodsill provides the range of legal services required by all participants in the construction industry in Hawai’i, such as architects, engineers, design professionals, design-builders, owners, developers, lessors, lessees, property managers, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, product manufacturers, lenders, investors, state agencies, counties, and other consultants and service providers. Our construction group’s practice is diverse and includes the following areas of expertise:
- Drafting and analysis of proposed contracts for design and construction and related documents.
- Procurement and protests (e.g., bid responsiveness, bidder responsibility, compliance with procurement laws and regulations). Public private partnerships. Advising on alternative methods for procurement.
- Contract administration; OAC and other consultant interface and oversight; change order review and analysis; interface with project finance parties; development and land use entitlement conditions compliance; environmental and historic preservation compliance; project closeout.
- Project Labor Agreement negotiations, compliance and management of labor disputes.
- Defaults of prime contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders, e.g., non-payment; out-of-scope work; differing site conditions; change orders; liquidated damages; delays, disruption or acceleration; defective specifications; limitations on damages and other contract interpretation issues.
- Defective and non-conforming construction; Contractor Repair Act compliance; terminations for default; terminations for convenience; suspension.
- Prosecution and defense of mechanics liens, payment and performance bond claims, and other claim preparation and analysis.
- Mediation, arbitration, other dispute resolution procedures.
- Contractor licensing.
Call us at 808-547-5600 or send us an email to schedule your initial consultation.