Defending the Professionals Against Claims of All Kinds
Being a professional in today’s litigious business environment includes the risk that you may eventually be sued. At Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel A Limited Liability Law Partnership LLP, the attorneys in our professional liability group have successfully defended hundreds of professionals against claims alleging malpractice, errors and omissions.
Practicing professionals ourselves, we understand that a client’s most valuable asset is their reputation. The attorneys in this group bring a wealth of experience and intelligence to bear on our clients’ lawsuits and other issues and have a proven track record of achieving favorable and cost-efficient results.
Our clients include:
- Accountants: Defending against claims of negligently preparing and/or failing to timely file income tax and estate tax returns
- Architects: Defending architects against claims of alleged negligent design, negligent drafting and failure to properly manage and/or supervise construction projects
- Attorneys: Defending attorneys and law firms against claims of malpractice, such as claims alleging failing to properly negotiate stock purchase agreements; negligently drafting real estate purchase agreements, leasing agreements, trust documents and property settlements; failing to disclose conflicts of interest; failing to timely prosecute personal injury claims; and conducting improper business dealings with clients
- Title insurance companies: Defending title insurance companies against claims alleging failure to properly determine chain of title, boundary lines, easements and ocean setbacks
- Insurance agents: Defending insurance companies and independent agents against claims such as misrepresentations or omissions in the sales of insurance policies, failure to procure appropriate coverage and negligence in the handling of claims
- Medical professionals: Defending hospitals, medical centers, doctors, nurses and other health care professionals and health plans in lawsuits, administrative proceedings and inquiries, public agency investigations and audits involving medical liability claims and allegations such as improper diagnosis, failure to follow orders, negligent care, failure to supervise and failure to obtain informed consent
- Real estate agents: Representing real estate brokers and agents not only in court, but also before regulatory agencies and professional boards against claims alleging failure to disclose and misrepresentation in the course of selling and purchasing real estate